Friday, May 21, 2010
Cinnamon Rolls
These are my Christmas morning, General Conference and I'll make it when I get a request tradition. They taste so good, but should be eaten sparingly because they are so rich! Just try and enjoy every bite. My mouth is watering right now!
Cinnamon Rolls
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 packets active dry yeast(or 4 1/2 teaspoons yeast)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup 110 degree water
1 cup warm milk
2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cups melted butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
up to 8 cups flour
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup melted butter(that's right, more butter)
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cups melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon maple extract
up to 6 Tablespoons hot water
Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together milk, 2/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup melted butter, salt and eggs; add yeast mixture and 4 cups flour to mixture; beat until smooth; stir in enough flour to form a slightly stiff dough.
Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and knead about 8 minutes.
Place dough into a large greased bowl, cover, and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1-1 1/ hours.
Punch down dough and let rest for 5 minutes.
Roll dough out onto a floured surface into a 15x20-inch rectangle
Brush 1/2 cup melted butter over dough; sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over dough.
Tightly roll up dough and pinch edges together to seal; cut the roll into 12-15 slices using dental floss or thread.
Coat bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan with 1/2 cup melted butter; sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar evenly in the bottom of the pan.
Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the prepared pan; cover pan and allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
Bake rolls in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Stir together powdered sugar, 2/3 cups melted butter, and extracts. Stir in hot water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until the glaze reaches desired spreading consistency.
Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
These can be made smaller, by dividing the dough in half after you punch it down and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then roll into two 15x20-inch rectangles, buttering an extra pan, and continuing with the recipe directions. I prefer this method.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Can we just come live right by you and eat at your house for every meal?
ReplyDeleteIf you have had Traci's cinnamon roll's you have missed the most delightful taste ever! What a cook!
ReplyDeleteYummy! I think I need some of those! I'm so lazy when it comes to making cinnamon rolls. I use the pillsbury orange rolls out of the can. Bryce makes requests all the time for them, but I just am too impatient it seems. I hate to wait for the dough to rise and then punch it down and rise again. It seems like it takes 3 hours and by the time they're ready to put the goop on I've lost interest in the project. But, those do look YUMMY! I have Janice Nilson's recipe, but it tastes nothing like when she makes them. Apparently I need more practice.
ReplyDelete