Welcome Message

Welcome to my Food Blog!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Jackie's Ribs and Sauce


Jackie is Brandon's Maternal Grandma, and from what I hear, a fabulous cook. This is by far our favorite barbecue sauce in our home. I just make up a batch, use what I need for Baby Back Ribs, Chicken, or BBQ chicken pizza, then keep the rest in the fridge. The kids love to dip their chicken nuggets in it too. I wish we could have Baby Back Ribs more often than we do, but it's just not the case, so I make this sauce and do everything the recipe says, only I use chicken because it still tastes AWESOME and is much cheaper. :) The title takes you to where I found the pic.

Jackie's Ribs and Sauce
Baby Back Ribs (3-5 pounds)
1-28oz Ketchup (Organic has no High Fructose Corn Syrup)
1 Cup Honey
1/4 cup liquid smoke
2 Tablespoons molasses
1 cup brown sugar

In a large pot, bring water with a little salt and pepper to a boil. Add ribs, boil for 1/2 hour. Mix all sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook and stir until heated through. Place ribs in a 13 x 9-inch pan. Pour sauce over ribs. Cover with foil. Bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours.

Stir rib sauce and spoon over ribs, every 15 minutes. Trust me, it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment