
It's hard for me to believe, but the picture is actually of cornbread pudding, only this is exactly what this recipe looks like when made! It's so moist it's like a sweet cornbread cake instead of all the other recipes I've tried in the past. I like cornbread, but I've never LOVED it until NOW. It holds together so well, and doesn't crumble to pieces. The title will take you to sophistamom where I found the picture, but I found the recipe out of Crystal Godfrey's Cook book, called I Can't Believe It's Food Storage. This is her website, where she's got great videos and tips for using your foodstorage every day. http://everydayfoodstorage.net/
Cornbread
The best cornbread you've ever had!
1/2 cup butter
1 cup buttermilk(3 Tablespoons dry milk powder + 1 cup water + 1 Tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice; mix and let stand for 5 minutes)
1 cup yellow cornmeal(I used white)
1 cup flour(any combination of whole-wheat and all-purpose) I just used white this time.
2/3 cup sugar
2 medium eggs(2 Tablespoons dry egg powder + 1/4 cup water)
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter; add to sugar and stir well. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk and soda and stir into egg mixture. Add cornmeal, flour and salt; stir until just blended. Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until bread begins to pull away from sides of pan. Serve hot with butter and honey(or not, it's still good!). Note: For glass pan, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Recipe may be doubled; use 9x13-inch pan and increase baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment