Welcome Message

Welcome to my Food Blog!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Homemade Pizza Dough


This recipe is my FAVORITE pizza dough of all time. It's fast, easy and tastes great! Brandon's Aunt Katie and Uncle Paul gave us a great pizza stone when we got married, and inside it came with a Pizza Recipe. I've been using this one for almost 13 years now, and it's still my favorite. It came from Pfaltzgraff brand pizza stone. The sauce, also comes from here. I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do here!

Pizza Recipe
The pleasure of pizza is as endless as the topping possibilities you can dream up. BUT first the crust, where all good pizzas begin.

CRUST
2 packages active dry yeast(I use 3 teaspoons because I buy bulk)
2 cups warm water
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
up to 6-7 cups all purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, salt, and 4 cups of flour.
Mix until smooth. Stir in enough flour to make dough easy to handle.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (5 minutes). (Dough is ready if an indentation remains when touched.)

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Let dough rest for a couple minutes before rolling. It will make it easier to roll. Roll dough to whatever shape pan or stone you will be using(sprinkle your pan with corn meal, or spray with cooking spray)

Spread your sauce and add your toppings. Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes, or till done.
This is the same recipe as the breadsticks I posted, just doubled, but with less yeast.

1 comment:

  1. We love this pizza dough recipe! So good! Looking at this makes me want to make pizza tonight!

    ReplyDelete