Welcome Message

Welcome to my Food Blog!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

 
Posted by Picasa

I love this recipe because it doesn't use Cream of Chicken Soup, it's completely from scratch. Love it!

Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced, fresh green beans
1/2 cup sliced celery
2 small potatoes, cubed, skins still on
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 thin pie crust

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, green beans, celery, potatoes, chicken broth, pepper, garlic powder and poultry seasoning. Bring to boil and boil for 20 minutes, remove from heat.

In another saucepan over medium heat, add butter and onions, cook till onions are tender. While still heating, add flour and mix well. Slowly, add the hot chicken broth from the vegetables with a ladle, while stirring the onion and flour mixture till all liquid is used. Remove from heat and add to the vegetables and stir well.

Pour over bottom crust and spread evenly. Add top crust, brush with egg whites and bake 30-35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously my fav as well. I do everything as is in the recipe. We can't have corn or potatoes, but those additions sound yummy. I'm going to try your crust recipe next time I make it. I made this yesterday and doubled it, put it in a 9x13 and made a biscuit topping for it. It was yummy too. This is jut a fabulous recipe :) thanks for finding it

    ReplyDelete