Banana Bread always disappears quickly in our home. My family loves this recipe, and it slices so nicely once it is completely cooled. I love that this bread is not crumbly. This makes one 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, but you may want to double it like I do.
Banana Bread
3 large ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine bananas, sugars, eggs, milk and canola oil. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix till combined. Do not over mix.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Remove carefully from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Enjoy!
Can't wait to try it. Banana bread is not my favorite because I don't like the consistency, maybe I will like this one.
ReplyDeleteI too don't like the consistency of most recipes, but this one is worth a try. I am curious to know how it compares for you.
Delete