
These were really fun to make. I've seen these before and finally got around to trying them. When I was preparing these I thought they weren't going to turn out like the picture, but they did. It looks so fancy, and it's really easy to do. I hope you give this a try. Click on the title it will take you to sophistimom.com where I found the picture as well as the recipe.
For the last few minutes of baking, she sprinkled them with some of the Weight Watchers’ 4 Cheese Mexican Blend. When they were ready to serve, she topped them with sour cream, but you can add anything you’d like.
Hasselback Potatoes
4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
olive oil
melted butter (optional)
kosher salt
2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
4 ounces shredded Weight Watchers Cheese(whatever you like)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a potato on its flattest side in the bowl of a large cooking spoon. Take a sharp knife, and very carefully cut thin slices all along the tops of the potatoes, about two thirds to three quarters of the way down—the edges of the spoon should prevent you from cutting all the way through. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
2. Brush the tops of the potatoes liberally with olive oil and melted butter, trying to work the oil in between the leaves of the potato. Slip slices of garlic in between a few of the slices, and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Roast for one hour, or until golden and tender.
3. Just as they come out of the oven, sprinkle with cheese, and place in the oven again for 5 minutes more. Serve with fat free sour cream, green onion or chives, and whatever you can imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment