Welcome Message

Welcome to my Food Blog!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake

 

 

These photos are actually mine this time. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Normally I'm not one to worry about what things look like as much as they taste like, but Brandon helped me with this one. I used my large spring-form pan for this one because I like cheesecake to be thinner. It's such a rich dessert. Do you like Oreos? You're going to LOVE this Cheesecake! I got this recipe off of You Tube, from Nigella, but I modified it.

Oreo Cheesecake

1 package Oreos(remove the centers and whir the cookies to make crumbs)

1 1/3 cup Oreo crumbs
1/2 stick butter, melted

Whir together, mush into spring form. Put in freezer until filling is ready.

2 1/2 packets, cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 whole eggs
3 yolks
2/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa(disolve in a little bit of hot water)

Mix all together. Add the rest of the Oreo crumbs and mix it in.

Pour on top of the Oreo crust.

1 package Oreos(don't use it all), "mince" as many oreos as you want for the topping, and sprinkle it on top of the cheesecake.

Wrap with foil(just incase it leaks), and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (I cooked mine an hour each time I made it). When done, let cool, cover and put in fridge about 4 hours or over night. Enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment