
The title takes you to where I found the picture, but I got this recipe from the Nestle Toll House best-loved Cookies cook book. These are simply delicious! I used Adams creamy peanut butter in these, and it worked beautifully.
Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour(I used half white, half whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Press down slightly to flatten into 2-inch circles.
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 7-10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft(I had to bake mine for 13 minutes). Let stand for 4 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
I really enjoyed the texture of these cookies. The cinnamon was a little strange. Going to make these again today sans cinnamon and really looking forward to it.
ReplyDelete