Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Parmesan Chicken
This recipe would also work for Homemade Chicken Nuggets. I served ours up with Marinara Sauce for dipping, but Pesto is great too.
Parmesan Chicken
4 skinless chicken thighs
1 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs(so easy to make your own)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour(or all-purpose)
Directions:
In a shallow bowl, pour 1 cup flour.
In another shallow bowl, beat eggs.
In another shallow bowl, combine whole wheat bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, basil and garlic powder.
Do this assembly-line-style. Start by dipping your chicken into the flour till it's coated all over, then into the egg making sure it covers the entire chicken, then into the bread crumb mix, then onto your baking pan that is sprayed with non-stick spray. I don't like my hands to get too thick and gooey, so I use one hand for the wet and the other for the dry ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment